Saturday 3 March 2012

Crunchy nutter

So while I've got my sweet tooth out, I thought I'd make an old favourite- 
Chocolate Clusters. Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Now, I'm a bit of a coffee and nut lover, so I've decided to make my mix with a little kick and crunch. If you're not a fan, or have any nut allergies, you can add marshmallows, biscuits, honeycomb, toffee, or orange- really any combination works a treat here. 

All I've done is make a strong brew of coffee and add to melted milk chocolate. Then simply pour onto some honey nut cornflakes and turn the cornflakes until they are all coated with the chocolate coffee mix. I guess you can use uncoated cornflakes, but when making clusters, I say the more the merrier! Then I've added a selection of crushed sugared nuts- pecan, cashew and walnuts. Make sure you leave a handful so that you can garnish at the end. Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours to cool and harden, and that's all folks!

It is really is as easy as that. Pour yourself a nice tall glass of ice cold milk, put your tired feet up and enjoy the fruits of your labour! 



No comments:

Post a Comment