Friday 30 March 2012

Rolls - Royce





Usually, the night before I blog my grub, I lay in bed thinking about what food I'd like to cook (and eat) the next day. Last night, blocked by thoughts of my previous Trout Parcel post, I decided that I would just have a little wander around my local area and see what took my fancy.

Now, for a while next to Catford Station there has been a little Chinese grocers. They sell all kinds of traditional and new age wonders, and I thought as I had a bit of time today, I'd pop in and see what they had to offer. For a while now, I've wanted to buy spring roll pastry- not necessarily to make spring rolls, but I've always loved their wafer thin crispy quality and I've always wanted to use them in some shape or form, so I thought I'd ask the shop owner is she stocked them. As luck would have it, she was an absolute gem and actually gave me a tutorial of how to make a proper spring roll- folding, cooking everything! Here she is below, and here are my little paper mock rolls- I'm keeping them as a memento!

The more I spoke to her, the more I couldn't wait to go home and give them a try- with my own little twist, of course! 

So here they are peeps- my Sheek Kebab Rolls. Crunch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment