Monday 14 May 2012

Nutella-ella-ella



I am so sorry I have been missing in action recently, but believe me when I say that my absence has only been in pursuit of food journeys, and not just idol loitering! However, to say I'm sorry, how about a little apology baking? Or post weekend treat? Or Monday sum sum? Here's my three in one- Nutella-ella-ella bite.

I've never really understood the whole Nutella craze. I mean to me, having a bit of toast with Nutella is like trying to eat a main and dessert at the same time- they do not go together. To be fair, by this point I had never actually tasted Nutella, but then found out that it was manufactured by the same company that made Ferrero Rocher- hold the phone- it just got interesting! Yes, ever since then a jar of Nutella has resided in my store cupboard. Still not in favour of the toast idea, but as I'm a big cupcake fan (literally and metaphorically), I thought…

Molten Nutella Cupcakes:

Makes 9 Muffin cases

Ingredients

4 oz self raising flour
4 oz caster sugar
4 oz margarine (at room temperature)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
9 tsp Nutella

Steps

1. Use a mixer to beat the margarine and caster sugar until you barely feel the sugar granules.
2. Add in the eggs- one at a time and mix in-between every addition.
3. Sift the self raising flour- again add a small batch at a time. I usually divide into three parts, and this means that the flour can mix properly. 
4. Now add the vanilla extract.
5. Slowly mix in, so that the mixture remains fluffy. 
6. Fill the muffin cases so that they are 1/3 full of cake mixture.
7. Add the tsp nutella to each case.
8. Add another spoonful of the cake mixture to the cases.
9. Bake for 20min, check with a cocktail stick to make sure they are cooked all the way through.

After you have left to cool for about 10mins, you can frost, or if you're like me, remind myself to not eat too much, and attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment