Tuesday 21 February 2012

Happy Pancake Day!

Shrove Tuesday is the day before Lent and is customarily known as Pancake Day. Traditionally, pancakes were made as they involved ingredients that would be off limits during the period of Lent- namely flour, eggs, sugar and butter. For me, pancakes are dynamite as they are easy to make, and tasty to eat!

In celebration of this glorious day; I made my own pancakes, and as it was just me at home today, I could make them exactly the way I like.

Ingredients
I've never been much of a measuring kind of gal- so you'll have to forgive my scrappy instructions. 

To make three pancakes (a portion of one for me), you will need:
1. 100ml milk mixed with 75ml of water
2. 1 egg
3. 2oz flour
4. Pinch of salt

(To serve)
5. Caster sugar
6. Strawberries
7. Milk Chocolate

Steps
1. Simply mix the flour and salt
2. Make a well and whisk in your egg
3. Add in your milk and water mixture

It is literally as easy as that. 

Now for the fun part. Melt a small piece of chocolate, cut one strawberry, and dip the strawberries in the chocolate and allow to cool. 

Once you have made your pancake, sprinkle a bit of sugar heaven on top, roll into tube and add your chocolate covered strawberries and whatever you have left of your melted chocolate. You will definitely enjoy this.


No comments:

Post a Comment