Thursday 26 April 2012

Mistress Chicken


So after all of the shopping, walking home in the rain, chopping, and yes, even more shopping for my debut market stall pitch, I really fancied a bit of an eat treat tonight. On what I hope was my last shopping round to pick up my chicken, I decided to buy a couple of juicy thigh and leg pieces for some juicy honey and lemon chicken.

Now, I know I say a lot of food is good eating, but this is yuuhuuum! My husband is a particular fan. So much so in fact that I've named this dish Mistress Chicken- meaning, if this had a human face, I believe he would leave me for her.

Here's how to make your man go crazy:

Ingredients

1. 3 legs and 3 thigh pieces of chicken (skins on)
2. 1/2 tsp honey per piece of chicken
3. 1 tsp All purpose seasoning
4. Zest of a lemon, and juice of a lemon
5. 2 tbsp soya sauce

Steps

1. Marinate your chicken in the soya sauce, all purpose seasoning and lemon juice
2. Add a a bit of olive oil to a casserole dish, then place your chicken in (drain off the marinade juice), Make sure the chicken has been placed skin side down
3. Cook on the skin side down for 5mins, then turn. Cook for another 5mins.
4. Once the chicken starts to stick to the pan, add a cup of water, and the rest of the juice from your marinade
5. Keep covered. After 15mins add 1/2 tsp of honey to each piece, turn and leave the pan open.
6. After about 25mins, your pieces should be done, but do check, as the size of your pieces will alter the cooking time.
7. Finally sprinkle on the zest of the lemon and serve

Oh my gosh, whether your eating this by itself, with some pasta, or stripped down for a sandwich, this will make your heart melt…just like the first bite you take!

No comments:

Post a Comment