Well, it's been a great couple of days and I have started the bank holiday as I mean to go on- friends, food and well…more food!
After a heavy duty night of chitter chatter around a big table of tapas style munching, me and the girls fancied a treat that would be fun, but a little lighter on the tum. I suddenly remembered a simple cookie recipe and of course, after a rummage in the old cupboards, knew we could glamour these babies up.
Introducing my honey, coconut and pistachio giant cookie monsters.
1. 300g plain flour
2. 250g margarine (room temperature)
3. 140g caster sugar
4. 1 egg yolk
5. Bowl of crushed pistachios
6. Handful of desiccated coconut
7. Roughly 3 tbsp honey
1. Mix the margarine and sugar until dissolved (by hand)
2. Add the egg yolk
3. Pipe the mixture into circles onto a sheet of greaseproof paper
4. Now place in the oven for 20 mins gas 150 degrees, middle shelf.
5. Once these are golden, remove from the oven and spoon a half tsp honey per cookie, and add a sprinkling of pistachios and desiccated coconut.
6. If you can bare the wait, allow to cool for 10mins and devour.