Tuesday 19 June 2012

Jammy Dodger



Just sat down after a lethal house clean and am feeling like a treat after all that floor hoovering and surface cleaning. Cupcake? Cupcan. 

Funny, I've always enjoyed eating cupcakes, but never really had any inclination to make them before. However, once I realised how easy they are to make, and how versatile they are in flavour, they have fast become my quick eat treat. 

So here are my raspberry, satsuma and coconut jammy dodgers.

Makes 10 cupcakes

Ingredients

Cake:
1. 4 oz margarine (at room temperature)
2. 4 oz caster sugar
3. 4 oz self raising flour
4. 2 eggs
5. 1 satsuma- rind
6. 10 tsp raspberry jam
7. 5 tsp desiccated coconut

To garnish:
8. Handful of raspberries
9. Fresh cream
10. 1 satsuma-juice

Steps

1. Use a mixer to beat the margarine and caster sugar until you barely feel the sugar granules.
2. Add in the eggs- one at a time and mix in-between every addition. 
Then the satsuma rind.
3. Sift the self raising flour - again add a small batch at a time. I usually divide into three parts, and this means that the flour can mix properly. 
4. Slowly mix in, so that the mixture remains fluffy. 

Now you simply lay out your paper cupcake cases in a tray and spoon your mixture in. We are going to do this in three stages, the first is the satsuma mixture, the second is a tsp of raspberry jam followed by 1/2 tsp of desiccated coconut per each case and the third is the final layer of the satsuma mixture. 

Now leave to bake for 20mins, checking with a toothpick to ensure that the batter is baked throughout.

Finally, garnish with cream and fresh raspberries soaked in satsuma juice and eat, eat, eat!

I know it's not exactly one of my 5 a day, but these sure do make me feel better!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and oh so pretty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This def counts as one of my five a day I think! You're the expert, what do you think?! x

    ReplyDelete